Troy has been in Canada all week and I have been holding down the fort with the help of my mom who spent the night Wednesday. She got us dinner and helped give Brooke a bath and put her to bed. She even took her to school on Thursday, yeah mom! It was a huge help for me. In the evenings I start feeling very heavy and get lots of pressure in my uterus area.
Thursday started out great. I got a massage, a pedicure and did a tiny bit of shopping before picking Brooke up from school. After school I layed down for over an hour and then went to Rhonda's for dinner. When I got home, I had to change Brooke's sheets and then put her to bed. That is when it happened... blood! I went to the bathroom, blew my nose and there it was (not from my nose). Scared me to death.
I couldn't find the doctors number, my husband is in another country and I am pregnant with triplets and bleeding! I found the number and spoke to the doctor who asked a ton of questions. Luckily I wasn't having any cramping and the bleeding had stopped. He wanted me to come in first thing this morning for an ultrasound to make sure the babies were okay before doing the stitch on Monday.
I was so worried about Brooke and her busy Friday that I didn't have too much time to worry about the babies. Brooke had her last class at gymnastics today and they had a preformance. I didn't want her to be the only one there without a parent. All the parents take pictures and video tape and they get a medal. It made me cry. She even started her cooking class today! There was so much scheduling to do! It all worked though with the help of my mom, Troy and friends Kim and Jamie.
I called Troy on the way to the doctor this morning and he said he was driving to Detroit to catch his flight. I sat in the waiting room and he walked right in! He checked out of his hotel at midnight drove three hours to Detroit and caught a 6am plane. I cried.
The babies all look good. Dr. Kirshon said their heartbeats and growth looked great. He thinks the bleeding was caused from baby A's placenta covering my cervix (not good). The baby is fine, but any stress could cause lots of bleeding from the placenta. Monday I will get my stitch and that should help. This weekend I am to do nothing. I can't even go to Troy's mother's funeral tomorrow.
The doctor said I have to slow down and just be a recluse. I told him I have slowed down. I am used to going and going. Running marathons and exercising all the time. I would think a stroll at Target would be slowing down. He said no more strolls at Target unless I am in a wheelchair!
What a change a year makes. Last year this very weekend I ran the Houston half marathon with my best time ever. I followed with the Austin Marathon and now I can't even walk around Target! What a difference a year makes.
I am telling myself that it is not that much longer. The countdown to June! The nurse gave me a long talking to about how much we have gone through to get where we are and I agree. I just really thought I had slowed things way down, but I guess not when you are carrying three babies.
I will let you know how Monday's surgery goes.
Fluffy 1-Hour Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
1 week ago


Hang in there girlfriend! You know we will be here to help with whatever you need.
ReplyDeletelove ya!
Hey H! I am so sorry things have gotten so much crazier since we spoke earlier in the week. We are hectic and busy here, but it's all coming together. Erika says, "you may not make it to the wedding....I hope you do get to come but we understand if you can't make it. Take care of you and my 3 little neices/nephews. You have the best doctors anyone could ask for and God has given you these babies and will take care of all of you!! We love you guys and are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteAlaina and Bobby
Hey Heather, hang in there. Make sure to get lots of rest.
ReplyDeleteI will be thinking about you!
Julie