
My doctors appointment yesterday went great. I was a little nervous and just praying that all of them were healthy. The pictures are 3D, so they look a little alien-ish. They are of B & C which are the identicals. The top two are of heads and the last is s body shot. They are in the same sac, but have a tiny wall separating them. You can see both of them in the last picture.
The good news:
1. All babies weigh 5 oz. (The doctor was impressed. Generally one multiple is larger or smaller than the others).
2. Baby A's placenta has moved away from my cervix. (This was probably the reason for the bleeding, so this is great news). Baby B & C share a placenta due to them being identical, so I have two placentas.
3. Baby B & C will have to be watched closely due to them being identical and sharing a placenta. One can get more nutrients, blood, etc. It is called twin to twin transfusion and there were no signs of this now.
4. I am still on modified bed rest, but I can go out to eat every now and then!!!
5. Baby A is still a GIRL and... the identicals are also GIRLS. Yes, three girls. Dr. Kirshon said he was 99% sure. We will see at the next appointment in three weeks if it changes again. I am not ready to go pink crazy yet. I was also a little sad not having a boy. I had gotten used to the idea. All we really care about are healthy babies.
Four girls!!!! Do you know what that means? It means eight pig tails, eight bows and lots of ponytail holders. Also, 40 toes to paint and with fingers that is 80! I think we will start out needing lots of diapers and then hair supplies and nail polish. ha!
I am not buying anything until 28 weeks, just to be sure. My next appointment will be the big ultrasound where they measure the heart, stomach, kidneys, brain, etc., etc. Pray for three healthy babies. He did some measuring of bones this time and all looked good.
Bed rest update:
Bed rest is TOUGH!!! I can't cook, clean, go to the grocery store, run errands, etc. Wait, did I say this was tough? Actually, it really is. I love taking care of Brooke and our home. It is also boring and lonely being on the couch or the bed all day. My sides and hips get sore lying down so much. I have had little angels helping me (friends, family, and neighbors). We have had lots of meals, which is huge because Troy was running around with a chicken with his head cut off in the evenings after getting home from work trying to cook, wash, do dishes, straighten up, bathe Brooke and put her to bed. It helps a ton! On the weekends he has been painting Brooke's new room and moving all the rooms around. It has been slow because he is doing it by himself on top of doing the grocery shopping while taking care of me and Brooke. He is a great man and doesn't complain at all. I also have Brooke taken care of each day and that is such a relief. She is having fun and having a normal life. Thank you so much Kim and Maci!!
We are truly blessed to have such great help. We thank everyone so much!


Congrats i cannot beleive it is three girls!!!!!! yes that is alot of toes to paint.
ReplyDelete