Our babies are three months!
How can this be? Three months on bed rest was SO slow and these three months have flown by. We feel so blessed to have these three precious babies and a big sister that loves them so much and is so sweet and helpful. Every day just keeps getting better and better, but it is a little sad because they are getting so big. I took Paige with me to Brooke's dance class and someone said, "Oh look at the new born.". I actually looked around for the newborn baby. I was thinking they can't be talking about my baby, she is huge to me. They are interacting with us with lots of eye contact, cooing and smiles. It is priceless!
People always ask how we do it and we just do it. You can't think about it too much or you will certainly get overwhelmed. I could not survive without our wonderful nanny, Bonnie. She is so patient with the babies and helps with the laundry, bottles and other household chores. She gives me some freedom each week to go to the gym, run some errands and the most important thing is attending my Mothering Matters bible study at Sagemont on Tuesdays. I have been going since Brooke was 3 months old and it has really changed me as a wife, mother and Christian. I can't believe I have been attending for 4 1/2 years. It is the one thing I look forward to each week. I don't think I could make it emotionally without Jesus or exercising. There is nothing sweat or a prayer can't make better.

Kara - She smiles so easy and loves to "talk" to us. She also cries easy, but those quick smiles make up for it.

Reagan - She makes us feel like we still have a tiny infant. She is smaller than the twins, but doing great. She has a smaller head so it makes her seem smaller also. We were a little worried she might be delayed compared to the twins, but the doctor and ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) specialist who came to assess the girls say she is right on target. She has really come out of her shell in the past two weeks. She smiles so much and "talks" to us. She is just more layed back than the twins. We didn't know what a layed back baby was since the twins cried all the time and Brooke had colic and cried nonstop for three months. I'm afraid if we would have had more babies like Reagan we'd keep going - NOT. We are done. Blessed for sure, but finished for sure.

Paige - She is just like her twin sister Kara. Paige is a little more reserved than Kara, but still smiles often, coos and is starting to laugh.

The twins - Paige is the smiley one here.

Identical twins are just so strange. They look and act exactly alike. We still have to ask, "Who is that?" The monogrammed onesies are getting a bit too tight, so I am hoping to get a simple sewing/monogramming machine so that I can make my own. I think it is necessary so that I can tell my babies apart. That is my excuse anyway. If they are not dressed in their "letter" outfits we have to tip Kara upside down to look under her chin to see her birthmark (which is very light). It is quite tough to see with all her rolls (babies don't have much of a neck) or when it's dark in the house at night. I definitely need a sewing/monogramming machine for the sake of my children's identity.

Sisterly love! Poor little Reagan is always in the middle being squished by her big sisters. I can't wait until they start playing and interacting with each other. It will be amazing.
I'll get those new onesies done quick!!
ReplyDelete