Sunday, February 1, 2009

Brooke's sibling class at the hospital

Brooke had her sibling class at Texas Woman's Hospital today.
There were four girls in her class and they had to go around and introduce themselves and tell what their mommies were having. Brooke went first and said her name and then, "Two boys and a girl." The reaction is always great! You always hear some gasps. I don't think people totally believe it coming from a little girl. We always have to say, "Yes, it is true." They had to adapt the class a bit for her since the others were only having one baby.

Brooke learned how to properly hold a baby, change a diaper and what kinds of toys were safe for them to play with. We then took a tour of the hospital to see a labor & delivery room, the waiting room and nurseries. We didn't get the tour adapted so that we could see the operating room for the c-section or the NICU. :)

I thought I was being proactive by scheduling this class early, before I may go on bed rest. Well...I had to be pushed around by Troy in a wheel chair! He had Brooke on his shoulders and was pushing me for the tour of the hospital (or Brooke rode with me). It was Troy's first time pushing one, so we ran into some door ways. I could get used to being pushed around and it was so wonderful to get out of the house! The world is still going on with out me :(
Oh, it was so embarrassing, I ran into a doctor that came to my aerobics class. She couldn't pin point at first how she knew me and then we figured it out. I went from teaching aerobics to being in a wheel chair!



Brooke did a great job at the sibling class. She got a certificate and a "Big Sister" shirt.


15 Weeks! Only 17 more weeks to go!

1 comment: