Sunday, March 8, 2009

5 months!!! (20 weeks)

I have made it to 20 weeks!!!
It feels so good to be in the 20's. The babies are actually viable (can live) at 24 weeks, so we are on the countdown to 34 weeks. Thirty-four weeks is still 3 1/2 months away (June 13th), but we are making progress. Some days feel like they go by fast, but many days are slow. There are times when I just don't know if I can make it, but I have to shake off the pity party, take a deep breath, say a prayer and try to change my thought process. It can be tough, I won't lie. The babies are moving and that is so wonderful and makes me feel really connected to them. It is a great feeling! Now, we just have to figure out names! I would like to be able to talk to them by name or know which one is kicking me. There are just so many to name! I am tired of calling them A,B & C. So far, we know we like Reagan & Paige. The last one is either Kara or Tori. I like Tori and think it is cute for Troy. Troy prefers Kara. We'll see what happens. Hopefully by next week.
Here is some 20 week baby info:
* 10 inches long (about the size of a banana)
* can detect sounds inside & outside womb
* swallows, sucks thumb & gets hiccups
Now... that is a belly! 5 months pregnant and I still have 3 1/2 to go. It feels like it is busting at the seams sometimes.
It's Rodeo Time In Texas! Brooke had "Go Texan Day" at school. She loves her pink cowboy boots with the silver tips.
Brooke's NEW room. It is pretty much finished, we just need some accessories! It is very pink & she loves her big bed.
We had a painting party on Saturday. My brother Ronnie and his girlfriend Sarah came in town from Austin and helped Troy paint the study (which will be the downstairs nursery). They also painted the formal living room. Sarah's sister even helped paint. My mom made us a yummy lunch. Thank you all so much!
Brooke helped to paint too! She had a roller just her size.

Thank you this week to:
Shawna - for a great dinner on Sunday. It was so nice to get out of the house and sit in your recliner (instead of mine). The company is priceless.
Lisa F - delicious homemade spaghetti dinner. Yum!
Rhonda - taking me to bible study & everything little thing daily
Bridget - Pei Wei & playing with Brooke while we were feeling down
Kim - keeping Brooke on Wednesday and taking her to cooking class Friday.
Sandy - carmel brownies! so good.
Dolores - burritos!! yeah!
Wendy - carpooling & taking Brooke to the park. I always enjoy your visits too.
Miriam - cupcakes! Brooke ate two of them.
Jamie - veggie soup & chicken dumplings (always thinking of us with your meals) & my blog!
Mom - philly cheese steak sandwiches (delish NJ meal), washing clothes, changing my sheets and just helping out
Sarah & Mom - taking me to Target & pushing me in the wheelchair.
My wonderful husband - painting, feeding me, cleaning up, helping me up, making Brooke's lunches and getting her clothes ready, rubbing my aching back and listening to me complain or have a pity party when I don't think I can make it another day.
Thank you to everyone who even just calls, emails or comes by. The days that go by slow are the worst and any outside contact helps.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. It looks like you are doing great. I will keep saying prayers for you. Looking forward to the shower.
    Much love, Julie

    ReplyDelete